Saturday, October 18, 2008

strupps and their adventures



We have had a whirl wind of a summer and fall.Aspen had her baby Elden Hale on Sept.11 and Carson and I went down and spent 2 weeks with them and enjoyed every minute of it. I did a lot of cooking and learned how to cook some very yummy meals. Troy did his cross country flight while I was there so Aspen and I had time just the two of us and the little ones. We did go and have fun. when we were not sleeping I think we both needed to catch up on sleep. But why sleep when you can play and at all hours of the night. I forgot how warm it was in Texas in September. if only I could find a job out the for Travis.

When I got back home I started working again full time because I needed a break from Carson 2 weeks, 24-7 I don't recommend any one do that with a kid. I couldnot even give him to Troy. troy had his own little one to play with.

SO when we got home Travis had me go and by a deer tag and the he drug us out 5 in the morning opening day of hunting season and I got my deer. Travis said it was 8 tines the sizes of his that he got with his bow while I was in Texas.

Carson even had fun. Cant wait until he is old enough to shoot his own.

4 comments:

Leejean Stanger said...

Awesome Lacy, I'm so impressed.

Stefanie said...

wow...your own deer. I'm so glad Garrin's not a hunter :) I like shooting..just not animals. Besides I don't like deer meat...weird I know.

Thx for sharing a picture of Aspen's baby--he's precious. Glad you got to go spend time with her. Sounds like you had fun

Kim and Tammy said...

Lacey I never pictured you as a mighty HUNTER! Way to go. Although you hunted down Travis. Ha! You guys are fantastic!

Janet said...

Wow!!! I am very impressed, I don't think I would have been able to do that. I shot a big gun once and I think I can still feel the pain of the kick back in my shoulder. Not to mention the bullet is probably still on its way strait up in the air. I am not a mighty hunter.