Thursday, August 27, 2009

up date on Lark

I thought some people might be interested in what Lark is doing in Argentina, if you want I can post her letter each week just let me know. Sorry it made for a pretty long post, Hope you enjoy!
This is the one we got this week and last week.

8/18/09
Deasr Family.
Thanks for your letters! This week has been an interesting one and I was glad t ohear from you all! So I have a funny for you all . One day there were two missionaries walking down the street headed to an appoi ntment. There wasn´t any people around to contact and they were done wit htheir doors. So one of the missionaries had gum in her bag... and as you know it´s against the rule for missionaries to chew gum. But this missionary said that there wasn ´t any people around, she wasn´t going to talk to people and c hew rudely around them, so she put the gum in her mouth.... and within 5 seconds with the gum...her cavity filling fell out. It´s pretty funny what´ll happen when we´re not obedient...even in the samllest unimportant way no? So for the next p.day, the missionaries had to go to the Argentine dentist and it´ll cost 320 pesos to fix it. I´m glad it wasn´t me! That´s a lot to pay for disobedience. the Funniest part is, this missionary is deathly scared of the denrist and will actually be going home, ending her mission in 5 weeks. So close to being done and going to her own dentist.Wow, I´m excited for the new shake out in Idaho Falls, maybe I´ll have some where to work a few hours a week when I g oback to school...?! And what are some of your ideas for the place if you go for the biggest one? Sounds like you could have a lot of fun with it all. Hitt and Sunnyside is on the side of tow nclosest t oRexburg. :) We don´t have to rule not to eat with members.... or any rule about the food... only not to drink the water. But the food´s not bad really. I like just about it all. As for sharing with the other hermanas, it´s pretty interesting. They have their investigators and we have ours. we haven ´t split it at all, and I don ´t know if we ever will. when we get references, it´s who ever takes the references follows it. We have almost all our meals together. It´s almost as if I forget at times that we share the area ... until we run into some one contacting that has already talked to the missionaries today or last week or are already having the lessons... the n it´s funny. I´m not sure weither I like sharing an area or not, and I´m trying not to make up my mind. If it turns out I don´t like it than I´ll have a bad aditude about sharing areas from here on out. So I´m thinking I´like it! Which is a good think because there´s 3 hermana areas in the mission that are being shared... that I know of, there might be more. that´s 6 or more hermanas.... it´s a pretty good chance I´ll share again somtime in the mission. The Sabbath day is actually a big thing here.... meaning it´s a big problem. Since members don´t have food storage and they go buy the food for the day morning and night, they don´t think far enough ahead to plan Saturday to shop for sunday, so MANY MANY times the members are shopping on sunday. I haven´t figured out how to help them understand that Sunday is a special day and you treat it differently. Many times I see the memb ers shopping for our meals on sundays. Actually, I have a funny story teaching the sabbath day . Sunday we were walking through a park contacting... and it was some kind of a carnival or something... it happens every weekend I guess. One guy was walking towards us and I contacted him. I asked him what day it was and he said something about día de niños.... but that was really last week. So we stared talked about the sabbath day and taught a lesson. I was being daring and after we had taught that we should go to church, we asked what he was going to d onext sunday. He said go to church, So I said, yes, he´s going t og ot ochurch with us, feel the spirit, learn lots, and walk away with an appointment with us for the next lesson...then my comp said and he´ll be baqptised. So I took the opportunity and set the baptismal date for his goal. He said he would be baptised when he knows that it´s true. So we have an appointment with him tonight t oteach him again adn hopfully he´ll progress. We really don´t have anyone progressing. We worked really hard last week and all our numbers are really high....except investigators in church and investigators progressing. I ´m really sad about that , but they have their agency that they can choose how to use it. We j ust do all we can to help them and pray that they´ll use that agencey in the right way. Family, I want my letters to be uplifting and encouraging, I don´t know how well I´m doing with that, I´m not sharing any scriptures or any thing I´m really learning. But I know as I testify everyday that this is the sacred work of the Lord. Everything we do in this church is for the worth of souls and is so important. I never knew before my mission how important the Apostacy was, it was a huge thing that I never thought about. That there is only one God adn He is a jealous God, and when people worship other things, He is very sad. People here think they are so close to God because the y worship idols and virgens....dolls really. Mary was an amazing women, choise about all women in the wolrd... but she can´t do anyhtign for our salvation. She knew who her God was and who her son was. She prayed to her God in the name of her son... not to herself. I´m pretty sure she doesn´t like it how people worship her instead of God or her son Christ. It makes me so sad to see how the people worship her and act with their virgens and saints....dolls. I´m so grateful for the knowledge I have. I´m so grateful that I´m a member of the church. I know this is true and I hope I never part from it.
With my love to my family, thanks for e erything, Love Hermana Waters

No comments: