Monday, January 26, 2009

Welcome Westin!

Ginger called me this morning breathing hard and in denial. I realized right away she was having contractions. I asked her how far apart and she said about 8 minutes. But in ten minutes of being on the phone with her she had 3 so I knew they were a bit closer than that. For the next hour and 1/2 I coached her about every 4 minutes through her contractions while trying to convince her husband to come home because it was the real thing this time. Both parents were in denial, but were finally convinced that it was really time. She stayed on the phone with me until they reached the elevators at the hospital and then I had to let the pros take over.
So an epidural and a few hours later, Mom, Dad and baby are all doing well. Baby boy, Westin Lathen was born VBAC at 3:55pm PST 7lb 9oz, 18 3/4" according to Grandma.
Congratulations Ginger and Erik! Hopefully pictures will be forthcoming.

6 comments:

Stefanie said...

SWEET!!! We'll look forward to pics! Thanks for letting us know! How come Ginger doesn't come on here anyway??? Ask her next time you talk to her!

Hope the job hunt is coming along! I know it's atough market as Devin is looking also---hang in there!

Stephie said...

Congratulations Ginger!! I am so happy for Ginger and Eric.

cemarcano said...

She thinks this is too complicated and can't remember her password for the blog she created last year. She did figure out facebook though and I'm waiting to see her post there. I may get a call from her later today. Yesterday she was still in the hospital waiting to find out if they would discharge her - so I'm wondering if she's gotten home yet.

Stefanie said...

well...the ellis girls are pretty smart! I'm sure she could figure it out! All she has to do is go to the webpage. Then, if you want to post---click on "new post" ...c'mon ginger...how hard is THAT????

cemarcano said...

Well, Stefanie - we won't go there. Anyway - looks like I spelled that wrong - Weston is the correct spelling.

Stefanie said...

LOL! Do we have a picture yet?