Monday, July 7, 2008

2300 hour and still ticking

(Tammy - I noticed that you had tried to post this message earlier, but it didn't work. I went ahead and posted it - hope that's ok. *Joanna*)


Grandma Tammy has had quite an eventful few days with 5 children, laughing, crying, throw ups, 10 helpful little hands, five helpful mouths to feed, and some quiet moments such as this to myself! Not to mention taking all seven of us to church (40 minutes late), going to nursery, primary, priesthood, and Relief Society (and teaching the first Sunday lesson for the sisters). Reflecting back three weeks ago, I came home and started preparing for this lesson I was to give. Not knowing exactly what I was going to give, but grateful I was led with the spirit that Sunday as to what I was to prepare. Usually I am rearranging, scratching out, replacing, etc. with parts of the lesson, but this Sunday I wrote it up and felt so inspired as to what I was putting down that I hadn't changed a thing with it as I went to church yesterday. Although I was wanting to do a handout and a drawing on the board with word strips, etc, I didn't even do that. Talk about teaching with the scriptures and through the spirit, I was totally overwhelmed by the time Relief Society was over. Looking back, I can see how I was totally directed in preparing this lesson so far in advance because the Lord knew I would have little ones here with NO TIME to do anything with my lesson. I am truly grateful for the sweet blessings we receive from the Holy Ghost!

So with that little intro, I am going to post some pictures and our week thus far with our grandchildren. Hope you'll enjoy and keep us in your prayers!
These were taken just leaving Ashley's to come to Logan

We always have to stop by Baskin Robbins for Ice Scream, I Scream, then You Scream! Ha!



Trying out our new firepit we made for hotdogs and smores when we arrived at our home that night.



No comments: