Monday, July 28, 2008



Okay kids here's a random idea! I ran across this Month of Service paper that I did in Relief Society years!!! ago with our kids. It was actually fun as we would take each little block and do something for someone that day, or week, or hour. One of the ones some of our children will remember is paying for ice cream cones for the people in the next car that would drive up. It was fun to just see the expression on the people's faces that were waiting on us as we told them what we wanted to do. One day, I recall someone in our ward saying they went to Arctic Circle and someone had paid for their ice cream cones they wanted to purchase. So they in turn paid for the next car. I haven't tried this in Utah, but I thought it would be fun to try again when I have the grandkids with us.

What have been some on your favorite service activities with your young families?

1 comment:

cemarcano said...

I've been pondering your blog and it sounds like a good challenge. I have to think a bit on what we've done as a family. About the only thing I can think of was when we made a meal for our neighbor when they had their baby and took it over. The girls played while we visited and then when I told them it was time to go, the girls helped clean up and then went the extra mile and helped clean up rooms that they hadn't played in.