Sunday, July 13, 2008

Some of our fun....but not all of it!!!





Here's the campground we stayed at---Willow Flats up above Logan near Franklin and Preston, Idaho. I'm not sure if the hazy picture is due to the sun---or the water and mud that was sprayed all over my camera...but that's a WHOLE other story!

Let's see---we got up to the campground at about 8:30 on Thurs. and only Kim and Tammy and some of their kids were there. Cory, Joanna, Gabe, Hunter, Ashley, Logan, Lexie and Lincoln, Linzie had been there most of the afternoon (I hope I spell all the family names right---that's always important to me since mine is often misspelled. I just learned that I've spelled Cory's wrong for years..so I'm sure I got some others wrong too) We quickly set up and then visited. As the night progressed...we waited and waited....but nobody else came. At 10:30 we decided to call it a night and get some sleep. .....and then who should pull up but Grandma and Grandpa with Lacey, Travis, and Carson. They left town at NOON but had 2 blowouts on their camp trailer (at 2 different times) and it took almost 11 hours to make the 3 or so hour trip. Glad they made it there safely!
Friday morning brought Ranley, Bonnie and Blake---who apparently made it to the camping spot about midnight but couldn't find us, so slept in their truck (if you call that sleeping). Ashurity, Wes, and Pyper trickled in along with Jeff, his friend Diane, Mindy, Dustin, Darcie, Ella, Cody, Natalie, Tyree, Lanett, Barry, Ethan, Hayden, Dawson. And Kevin and Sylvia with Matthew, Mark, Akey, Leilani, Janet and Whitney. Friday night brought Merilee and Harold, Constant, Spring and Rockhard. We also saw Spencer and Shelly, Sydney and Samantha on Friday night. Saturday morning brought the last 2---Cori and Chase.
Friday was a lot of visiting, and getting camp set up. We made close to 100 newborn hats for a Humanitarian project while the kids played games like giant bowling and launched water balloons. They also played in the creek across the way and did a few 4 wheel rides. Mindy really liked it! I don't have many pictures of the first few days since I didn't pull out my camera until Saturday morning really.

Kim and Tammy planned a play for Friday night honoring Thomas Callister. Here's a picture of the family acting out part of his life. Then we had a birthday part for him---since it was a few days ago (and a hundred or so years ago)


Saturday we had to be out at noon so we packed up and did LOTS more visiting. After we had to be out, some of us went up the canyon on a long 4 wheel ride for lunch and had a great time. There were amazing fields of flowers, snow, and lots of mud and water!

We came around one corner to be hit with snowballs from Aunt Tammy and some of the kids.

There was a huge snowdrift that Garrin thought looked pretty fun. He started through it and found that it was really solid and rolled the 4 wheeler over on himself. He was able to throw himself free and wasn't hurt. Fortunately when I looked back---he was getting up so I missed seeing it. He got pretty muddy on one side of his body.


As we went on---we found MORE snow...and isn't it JUST like an Ellis to want to play in it! First Cory got his Ranger stuck and Kim and Tammy had to pull him out, then Shawnee, and quite a few others.

Since Garrin was all dirty---this is the area he decided to play around in more. He flung MUD all over the place and I think most of it landed on ME. I'll get him back SOME how.... Even Gabe had a speck of mud on his face from Garrin.
I decided that since I was muddy already---why not have some fun?! I went through lots of water/mud puddles on the way back---and was pretty soaked by the time the puddles were gone. Garrin was looking pretty dirty himself as he pretty much did the same thing. It was fun though! I don't have pictures of myself--thank goodness!

Here is Kim---with Jaycee going through a big water puddle. She whined a bit about getting wet---and we missed the picture...so Kim did a do-over. He backed up through the water and ran through again. Too funny!



Here is the ride down.....such pretty trails---really rocky going down...but we practised Hyper-miling ATV style! LOL! It's called turn off the engine and coast all the way down---GREAT for the gas mileage.


This isn't too detailed as there was TONS more--but these are my only pictures that can help me tell my story! I have a few more of people that I'll post...but I think Tammy and Joanna got quite a few pictures too that they'll share, right?
It was GREAT fun!! Can't wait for next year!

5 comments:

Kim and Tammy said...

okay Stef! I knew you'd be the first to post! I've been working on backgrounds for my dumb blog and got tired and had to take a nap! We had such a great time with everyone and appreciated your family staying with us last night. Have a great week!

Stefanie said...

HA! I couldn't resist. The kids have been talking about the reunion all day---and we were re-living the fun so I thought I'd put a few pics up...takes me FOREVER to get them organized "just right" with spacing, etc. I wish I could figure out how to post pictures side by side. I get them like that and then when it posts--they are underneath each other. How aggravating!!!

I want to see MORE pictures---I didn't get too many of the daily stuff!!!

cemarcano said...

You did great Stefanie! Now I really wish I could have been there. I was half tempted to make the drive alone with the kids, but decided my bank account couldn't afford it and it might be hard stopping every hour to nurse. Hmm - Maybe next year. . .

cemarcano said...

hey Joanna (and others) - how do you feel about adding a chat box? It's easy to do by clicking on the link on my blog's cbox and follow instructions. It runs along side and you can chat without necessarily making a comment to a post. what do you think?

Shu said...

The reunions was great fun. We really enjoyed the time we were able to spend with everyone. We are definetly planning on more time next year. Wish we could have stayed longer.