Monday, September 15, 2008

Another ASSIGNMENT for family

Okay! A few weeks ago I asked everyone to post their feelings they had of the Savior. I had to put each of those writings in my journal! We have the greatest family and I thank each o f you that contributed for me. I have a lesson to give on Simplifying our lives and Serving the Savior. I appreciated everyone's feelings they shared on how you felt about Christ and what it means to you! You helped me so much and it was such a simple gesture on your parts. Thank you so much! Now I would like to hear how you young mother's and Stefanie (Ha!) how you simplify your lives and/or how you would. This morning I looked back when our children were little and how I did canning, balanced meals, big Sunday dinners, household duties, church callings, service, etc. all in a day! (just joking, I dreamt about doing those things!) Ha! Ha! The thought came to me that the kids were really good to entertain themselves and content with such little things. Today, our little ones have so much to give, it is hard for them to contain themselves. Think about it, they are preparing for the Savior--so much to do in such a short time! All that energy and intelligence to give and being guided as to how to do it by each of you!

1 comment:

Leejean Stanger said...

Wow what a timely post. I've just been put into the Stake YW presidency as the Secretary. The previous presidency were great and did everything to the max. So that's what we've been taking about Simplify, Simplify, simplify. Hm... for me well, just try to live in the moments. I try to do those things that have a deadline that absolutely have to be done and then some of the other "well it's be nice if...." stuff sometimes just doesn't get done. I try to read a book with my kids usually in the "moment" it gets brought to me, and then continue on. I could be more scheduled, but that's not me personality and then the schedules always get changed and rerouted anyway. I try to live by the spirit and be ready for anything. Yes my dishes are still piled in the corner of the kitchen and my laundry is still piled in my bedroom, But I'm trying to wittle away at those and maybe someday I'll get caught up. But I try to stay caught up with the kids. Phew the key word is TRY. And pray for the lord to help me and fill in my gaps. Good luck all you all.