Sunday, September 21, 2008

I Want a Boring Life

hehehehehe.....yep....it's true. I'd like a boring life. One where I can lounge on the weekends and relax....

Spent Saturday at the soccer field (although I DID get to sleep in as long as my body would let me---8:00am...sad I know). Let's see---grocery shopping...which then means clean out the fridge and straighten the pantry day. Picked up 40 lbs of chicken that I had to wash and trim and re-bag for the freezer for $1.39 a lb...love that. Canned 20 quarts of tomotoes, went to the ward party/emergency preparedness fair....decided I better work MORE on my talk...when...yep...got the dreaded call. Devin was in a car accident...I know that's NOT a shock to most of you...we don't know why our family is targeted this much. He seems to be ok...although his back and neck are bad again....we were just trying to get his bills from his other car accident almost 2 yrs ago paid for...so dont know how this will affect that. His beloved first car that he bought/is paying for is most likely totalled. I'll have to try and post a pic. Sad.
Stayed up until midnight after having to run to Provo to pick him up---trying to finish up the dreaded talk :) Thanks for your comments on that.

So....got called to work an extra shift tomorrow---so that will make 30 hours this week for me this week after my 32 hours last week...ugh...not used to so many hours!

So...when is my BORING life coming??? Hopefully soon!

2 comments:

tanyamae said...

sorry to hear about devin... :( i cant even imagine 40 lbs of chicken... and i know how tired i am after a full week... and a talk... geez...

i am supposed to teach Sunday school this week and its ward conference... eish!!! and i want to climb timp on Saturday... i have to choose... beautiful mountain or beautiful lesson... cant have both... :( but... it is funny how... 1 month ago tomorrow i got hit by a truck... and my whole world stopped... that was really nice... so...

if you want boring there are ways to arrange it... but i wouldn't recommend the ways that force you into boredom. just like humility it is better to just do... worse to be compelled.

i liked the title of this post.

Stefanie said...

Love ya Tanya! Glad you are ok after your accident! I still remember the shock of seeing you on the news and the horror we felt when they said you weren't ok.